With the invent of camera phones and social media, photo sharing has become something that is really just second nature for most of us.
On any give day I take at least 10 photos of what is happening in our lives or of just the kids with my phone. Many times I share the photos with my 500+ friends on Facebook, but more often then not, I just have them on my phone to show to family members the next time we see them.
outmywindow™ is a new app that is available on iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, the Web, and Google TV. It’s similar to other photo sharing sites out there, the main difference is you can pick the people to send your photo to.
Why is this important you might ask, well believe it or not there have been times that I have only wanted to share a photo with particular people. I mean, I know that not all of my Facebook friends want to see pictures of my kids day in and day out. Or there have been times when I have seen something funny and a bit inappropriate that I have wanted to share with a friend and doing so on Facebook would be a tad hard if I didn’t want everyone else to see it.
outmywindow™ has several different privacy settings that allow you to share it only with the person or device that you want. The fact that I can share it with specific devices is what I love the most. I can send something from my phone to my computer with ease.
Here are some additional features:
- Take pictures from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and share them only with family and friends instantly across multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, computer, internet-connected TV, and digital photo frame)
- Control who can see your photos through permission-based albums and an easy to use interface
- Flip back to a day in your life with day stacks in a photo timeline
- Stay connected with your nearest and dearest by receiving real-time alerts and notifications of their photo activity
- Get a head start on your albums by importing existing collections from your camera roll, computer or popular photo sharing sites
- Send photos directly to digital photo frames from within the app
- Enjoy instant slideshows on the internet-connected TV version of the service
For more information visit the outmywindow™ site here: http://bit.ly/A7JGm7
Or you can go ahead and download it here (it’s FREE!): http://bit.ly/Mx96k6
Disclosure: I have been hired by Warner Bros WBWord division to raise awareness for outmywindow™.