For the past 3 weeks I’ve endeavored to live a bit more healthy.
I’m working out 6 days a week and was lucky enough to have a meal plan prepared for me by a registered dietician so I know what I can each day to meet my goals.
But what about when we go out?
That is probably my biggest struggle. On date nights or even meeting a friend for lunch, trying to peruse the menu and figure out what is allowed on my plan isn’t easy.
That’s why I was really excited to try out the new Simple & Fit menu items from IHOP.
There many new items on the IHOP SIMPLE & FIT menu ranging from breakfast to dinner options. But if you are like me, you LURVE breakfast no matter what time of day it is. The great thing is even though the option are all under 600 calories you aren’t going to lose out on yumminess.
Check out the new items they have added for fall:
- Super Fruit Oatmeal – A bowl of freshly-made toasted Quaker Oats, lightly sweetened with cinnamon sugar, and topped with a blend of five dried super fruits, including blueberries, dark cherries, cranberries, raisins and golden raisins. (290 Calories)
- Super Fruit Oatmeal with Almonds and Walnuts – A bowl of freshly-made toasted Quaker Oats, lightly sweetened with cinnamon sugar, and topped with almonds, walnuts and a blend of five dried super fruits, including blueberries, dark cherries, cranberries, raisins and golden raisins. (330 calories)
- Banana and Brown Sugar Oatmeal– A bowl of freshly made toasted Quaker Oats topped with fresh banana slices and served with brown sugar and milk. (260 calories)
- Whole Wheat Pancakes Combo – Two Whole Wheat Pancakes topped with lightly sweetened blueberries and powdered sugar served with egg substitute and two strips of turkey bacon (460 calories)
- Kid’s Whole Wheat Pancake Combo – One Whole Wheat Pancake topped with lightly sweetened blueberries and powdered sugar served with egg substitute and one strip of turkey bacon (230 calories)
- Whole Wheat Waffle Combo – A Whole Wheat Waffle topped with lightly sweetened blueberries and powdered sugar served with egg substitute and two strips of turkey bacon (510 calories)
- Whole Wheat Crepes – Two Whole Wheat Crepes filled with sweet cream cheese and topped with lightly sweetened blueberries and powdered sugar (380 calories)
I ordered the SIMPLE & FIT Spinach, Mushroom & Tomato Omelette. It was filled with fresh spinach, mushrooms, onions and Swiss cheese, then topped with fresh, diced tomatoes. It also came with a serving of seasonal fruit, all that for just 330 calories!
When I received it, I was actually thinking to myself that I was still going to be hungry when I was done. But this baby was FILLED with so much spinach, mushrooms and onions that I barely finished the whole thing.
My husband ordered the SIMPLE & FIT Grilled Tilapia. I don’t really like fish but the balsamic glaze that was on top totally made me wish I would have ordered it!
The great thing about IHOP is even if you’re not quite willing to give up on your breakfast favorites for something from the SIMPLE & FIT menu, they provide you with a list of tips on how you can make your favorite item a bit more healthy.
- Hold the butter or whipped topping
- Substitute turkey bacon
- Ask for sugar-free syrup
- Ask for egg substitute or egg whites
- Hold the cheese or ask for less
- Ask for dressings and sauces on the side
I love this! It’s just little things that you can do that won’t make you feel like you are missing out on what you love.
So, are you ready to head to IHOP and try out some of the great new SIMPLE & FIT menu items?
Have breakfast on me!
That’s right, enter to win a $50 gift card to IHOP:
GIVEAWAY ENDS OCTOBER 12TH AT 11:59PM EST
Disclosure: I was sent a gift card to IHOP in order to conduct this review. No other compensation was received. My thoughts, my words, my life.