Sunset at the Zoo is just one example.
A couple weeks ago we were lucky enough to be invited as guests to this Wednesday Summer event and we had such a great time! In addition to the great live music that plays at 7:00pm, there are activities all throughout the zoo for you and your family to partake in.
There is a temporary tattoo station near the exit of Pacific Shores. The Zoo Teens had several booths set up all over where you could do various crafts and activities. Radio Disney was stationed by the Zoo Train where you could dance to great music and spin the Toyota Prize wheel for a guaranteed prize!
By far though, my favorite event was the Howl & Meow Contest which was presented by Banfield Pet Hospital®. All kids are invited to give their best ‘Howl’ or ‘Meow’, a couple of the Banfield veterinarians act as judges and narrow the contestants down to the best 3-4. Those finalists are invited up on stage to show the whole crowd their skills, then there is a winner for each group and they go home with a prize.
My daughter was selected as a finalist and she had so much fun going up on stage and ‘meowing’ for the crowd. Even though she didn’t win she said she had a great time!
So, if you are looking for some fun tomorrow night, pack a picnic dinner and head to the Oregon Zoo! The event is free for members and just regular zoo admission for non-members. The festivities kick off at 5pm, but you can get there a bit early and walk around the zoo first if you like. See below the collage of pics for the complete evening schedule.
- 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. – Live music: Zimba Marimba
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Kid’s tattoos, facepainting and ZooGuide activities
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. – State Farm booth
- 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m – Animal talks and activities
- 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m – Dragon Theater in Classroom area
- 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. – Live music: Sassparilla Unplugged
- 5:30 p.m. – Wild Life Live!
- 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Hooping with the Mayor of Hooperville at Pacific Shores
- 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. – Glow in the dark dragonfly craft
- 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. – Radio Disney/ Toyota
- 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Live on the concert lawn: Mr. Ben and His Band
- 6:15 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. – Banfield Pet Hospital “Howl and Meow” contest
- 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. – Live on the concert lawn: Trashcan joe
Disclosure: Our family received free admission into the zoo to experience Sunset at the Zoo festivities.