No, I’m not talking about Christmas.. I’m talking about HALLOWEEN!
There is more than just the fun decorations and potential for scaring even the most seasoned trick-or-treaters; by far Halloween for me is all about the costumes! From handmade to store bought, I love seeing all the kiddos decked out as their favorite character or clever creation.
That’s why I’m excited to tell you about “Hub Network’s First Annual Halloween Bash,” which will be aired on Saturday, October 26, 2013 on the cable channel.
The special is going to be hosted by Kenan Thompson (“Saturday Night Live” and former Nickelodeon fame), along with one of my favorite Halloween experts Martha Stewart. Martha will be leading a panel of celebrity judges for a nationwide costume competition! 50 semi-finalists, one from each state, will get to head to Los Angeles and take part in the two-hour star-studded event, which will also include music performances from some of your favorite artists.
Of the 50 semi-finalists, one lucky winner will not only get $25,000, but also a walk-on role on the Hub Network’s Daytime Emmy® Award-winning series, “R.L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour: The Series.”
The “Hub Network’s First Annual Halloween Bash” costume competition is open to all ages. You can enter as an individual or as a group (with a maximum of five people.)
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create an eye-popping, hair-raising and spooky costume that fits within one of six categories:
- Howl-arious – Shows the lighter side of Halloween with a take on a fun, funny or otherwise hilarious costume.
- Spook-tacular – Get ready to frighten America by showcasing the most spine-chilling costume for all the ghosts and ghouls out there.
- Mad Genius – Unique, original, innovative and never seen before. A knight in armor fashioned from bottle caps, bat wings made from old umbrellas, or a cardboard-box jetpack, the possibilities are endless. Display a costume unlike any other — show your Mad Genius.
- Blast from the Past – Take a stroll down memory lane with a timeless costume. Memories, nostalgia and yesteryear brought to life. Show your take on great figures from before the 20thcentury or a retro 50’s sock hop get up, 60’s flower child or other “period” inspired costumes.
- Animal Kingdom – Transform into a living creature from the past or present. Be a roaring lion, a school of jellyfish, a firefly, or a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
- Everyday Stuff – We’re looking for the coolest refrigerator/freezer, remote control, mailbox, block of Swiss cheese, telephone and more. Be creative and transform the ordinary into the extra-ordinary.
If you are interested in entering or just want to check out the latest entries visit: hubworld.com/halloween
Hurry! The deadline to enter is Sunday, September 29, 2013
Disclosure: This posts enters me into a drawing to win a $500 Visa Gift Card. Halloween really is my favorite holiday and I really do love seeing all the costumes.