This post contains sponsored content.
As my daughter gets older I have realized that it’s increasingly important that we spend time together. Time being girls together. This is why I was so excited when The Girl Scouts of Oregon reached out to me about GirlFest.
GirlFest is an annual event held in Portland, OR. This year the fun will commence on November 2nd at the Portland Expo Center. GirlFest is a day-long celebration that includes hands-on activities and awesome experiences for girls to learn, explore and enjoy. This year, the event will end with a concert hosted by Radio Disney and featuring Next Big Thing Season 5 winners Chloe & Halle!
In know what you may be thinking, “My daughter isn’t in the Girl Scouts.” Well, that doesn’t matter! GirlFest is welcomes everyone so be sure to not only invite family, but your friends as well.
Check out some of the cool activities that girls of all ages can partake in:
- For those that are Girl Scout Brownies or Juniors, you can earn a Girl Scout badge at the event (Senses, Detective, Savvy Shopper and Philanthropist – completed badge is complementary)!
- Girls can sit in the cockpit of an aircraft, climb to the top of a fire truck, and score a soccer goal with the Portland Timber’s Street Team.
- Interactive booths and workshops with activities in aviation, LEGO® creations, fire safety, creative recycling, car care, theatre, world travel and so much more! Some workshops require pre-registration in Personify.
- Meet Timber Joey, princesses and other special guests, get your stuffed friend checked out by the Radio Disney Junior Docs and help the environment with Radio Disney’s Team Green.
- Attend the Women in Leadership panel to learn how local women became successful leaders in their field.
- Get decked out with glitter tattoos, face painting and hair accessories, then ROCK OUT at a concert with Disney’s Next Big Thing Season 5 winners Chloe and Halle!
Those are just SOME of the activities. There are more exhibitors signing up all the time so expect to have even more opportunities to have fun!
Tickets are $20 at the door and the event kicks off at 10am and goes until 4pm. You can show up and leave at any time, and you do get re-admission all day. (This does not pertain to parking though. If you leave the Expo lot will have have to pay to park again upon returning.) Just so you know, the Chloe and Halle concert kicks off around 3pm so you will definitely want to be around then!
So, does GirlFest sound like something you would like to attend with your daughter?
If you answered yes, then I have some inside info for you. You can win a family 4-pack of tickets to attend the event! Tomorrow (Wednesday 10/30) on the Mad Hatter Mom Facebook page we will be holding a very special FLASH GIVEAWAY! The giveaway will only last a couple hours so be sure to like the page and select to “Get Notifications” in order to not miss it.
Disclosure: I received complimentary passes to this event in exchange for sharing it with my readers and hosting the flash giveaway.