This post contains sponsored content.
October means Halloween, and with Halloween comes pumpkins and better yet, CANDY!
And in my opinion, nothing beats the cream of the crop, Hershey’s. That’s why I’m glad to share this awesome recipe with you using Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses.
I always like to have a special treat waiting for my kiddos when we get home from trick-or-treating. Yes, I know, they have buckets full of candy, but I try to put off diving into that until at least the next day.
When I saw the Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses I instantly knew that I had to incorporate them into their treat this year. After all, there is nothing better than being able to incorporate some of that Halloween candy into the recipe.
I’ve made pumpkin cake before, but I wanted something that was a little more portable and didn’t require dirtying any dishes when you ate it. 🙂 That’s how I came up with the Pumpkin Cookie Cakes.
I have to be honest, in my first batch I tried to put the kisses into the cookies much like a thumb-print cookie. This didn’t work out very well because the kisses are so soft. Once I saw how easily they melted I knew that they would make the perfect icing!
The kisses melted really easily in the microwave and hardened up nicely on top of the cookies, and I must say that the cookies came out extremely moist and delicious! (No, I’m not just saying that, they really did!)
I’m so happy with how they turned out that I can’t wait to see what other kinds of candy the kids bring home tomorrow night and how I can incorporate it into another recipe!
- 1 box of Spice Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- Handful of Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kisses
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix, pumpkin, butter and egg; stir until well blended.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until set in center. Let them cool for 2 minutes and then remove from cookie sheets and place on a cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Unwrap Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kisses and place in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for 15-20 seconds at a time until completely melted.
- Use a spoon to drizzle on top of cool cookies.
Disclosure: This post was SPONSORED by Global Influence with PRODUCT provided by Hershey’s.